This year Maha Shivratri will be observed on 24 February 2017. The day is devoted to Lord Shiva & his followers worship him on this day. They observe a day long fast & remember him on this day. Check the auspicious time for Shivratri Vrat (Fast) & Pooja observance for 2017.
Also check the story of Maha Shivratri & Why it is celebrated by Hindu Peoples all over the world. Check the Shiv Pooja vidhi & Vrat timing & duration for Shivratri on 24 February 2017.
Best Time For Shiv Pooja & Vrat Start Time 24 Feb 2017
It is a major festival of Hindus and celebrated once in a year by the devotees of Lord Shiva. The festival is celebrated in the month of Phaalgun. It usually falls in the month of February/March in western calendar.
The festival marks the event when Lord Shiva, to save the world consumed the dangerous poison by himself. So it is actuall solemn and marks a remembrance of “overcoming darkness and ignorance” in life and the world. Unlike other festival it is celebrated at Night.
However there are many other legend related with Mahashivratri celebration according to different Puranas. It is believed in Hindu mythology that this is the day when Bhagwan Shiva performed Tandava Dance (Nritya) of creation, preservation and destruction. One legend also tells that Shiva and Parvati got married on this night.
How Mahashivratri Is Celebrated In India & Nepal
Mahashivratri is mainly celebrated in India & Nepal. But it is also celebrated in some other parts of the world. The festival is celebrated by devotees of lord Shiva & they observe fasting, meditation on Shiva. Jaagrans are also held on night & people .
People visits temples of Shivji & chant prayers & matras like “Om Namah Shivaya”. Offering of fruits (specially Bel & Ber), leaves of Bel (BelPatra), sweets and milk to Shiva is a common Practice in Temples. Some goes to pilgrimage to Jyotirlingams.
Best Pooja Muhurat Samay & Vidhi mantras For Maha Shivratri 24 Feb 2017
On this day people observes fast for whole day & worship Shiva offer prayers & chant mantras. So check what is the best time to worship Shiv Bhagwan on this Shivratri & make him happy & How to perform Pooja Vidhi. Also see vrat timing for Mahashivratri.
Ratri First Prahar Puja Time : 06:13 pm to 9:23pm
Ratri Second Prahar Puja Time : 9:23 pm to 11:33pm
Ratri Third Prahar Puja Time :- 12:33 am to 03:44 am (Night)
Ratri Fourth Prahar Puja Time :- 03:44 am to 06:54 am
Chaturdashi Tithi Begins = 09:38 pm on 24/Feb/2017
Chaturdashi Tithi Ends = 09:20 pm on 25/Feb/2017
Vrat Vidhi & Observance
If you are having fast on this day then you must eat only one time one day before the vrat. On Morning after bathing take Sankalp to observe this vrat with full determination & without any negative thoughts in mind. Seek blessing of Lord Shiva to finish the fast without any interference.
ALSO CHECK : SMS Wishes Whatsapp Status For Shivratri 2017
Shiva Pooja should be performed during Chaturdashi Tithi during night & you should take second bath in the evening before doing Shiva Puja or visiting temple. Breaking the fast or Vrat is contradictory Some believes that it is broken when Chaturdashi Tithi ends while some believes that Pooja Observance & fast breaking should be done within Chaturdashi.
- On the festive day wake up early & take a bath in Holy river or at home. You may add some black sesame seeds into water to make it pure.
- Take sankalp to complete vrat & now to take any food grain. You may however take some fruits.
- Before performing Shiva Puja should during night you must have taken a 2nd bath.
- Abhishek of Shiva Lingam should be performed with different materials like milk, rose water, sandalwood paste, Dahi (Yogurt), honey, Ghee, sugar.
- Devotees, who perform four Prahar Puja, must perform water Abhishek during 1st Prahar, curd Abhishek in 2nd Prahar, Ghee Abhishek during 3rd Prahar and honey Abhishek during 4th Prahar apart from other materials.
- After this ritual offer Shiva Linga Bilva leaves as it is believed leaves cool down Lord Shiva & effect of poison on him.
- Now Apply Chandan or Kumkum to Shiva Linga & then light lamp & Dhoop during this Pooja Vidhi & keep chanting mantra “ॐ नमः शिवाय (Om Namah Shivaya).
- On the next between Sun-Rise & end of Chaturdashi Tithi break your fast
See complete Shivratri Pooja Vidhi In Hindi & also share this post with your friends on Facebook Whatsapp & Twitter.
Also Share this post with your friends & relatives & help them with all these rituals & Mantras during Maha Shivratri festival 2017.
LIKE FACEBOOK PAGE of SUNOBAWA & get daily updates on your news feed.